Third match of IPL 10 was played on 7 April, 2017 between Gujarat Lions and Kolkata Knight Riders at Saurashtra Cricket Ground, Rajkot. KKR won the toss and opted to bowl. KKR played wonderfully and won this match by 10 wickets against Gujarat Lions.
First Innings of IPL 10 KKR vs GL : Gujarat Lion innings started with Jason Roy and Brendon McCullum. They both contributed 22 runs for first wicket. The captain of Gujarat Lions, Suresh Raina hold the wicket to raise the score above 150.
Dinesh Karthik made a good partnership with captain scoring 47 runs at other end. Raina was not out at 68 runs scoring maximum in the team.
Kuldeep Yadav took 2 wickets while Boult, Piyush Chawla took 1 wicket each.
IPL 10 KKR vs GL : Kolkata Knight Riders led a tremendous opening partnership in this IPL session. In their very first match, their opening batsman scored 184 runs within 14.5 overs without losing any wicket.
Gautam Gambhir scored 76 runs from 48 balls including 12 fours while Chris Lynn scored 93 runs from 41 balls including 6 fours and 8 sixes.
No one from the Gujarat Lions could extract wicket of these two opening batsman. Dhawal Kulkarni conceded maximum runs of 42 in his overs.
Man of the match: Chris Lynn
Match Quick Stats
- Suresh Raina’s run-aggregate reached 4166 surpassing Kohli’s 4110 runs.
- KKR’s 184 runs is the highest successful chase by any side in Twenty-Twenty cricket without losing a wicket.
- Partnership between Double G and Chris Lynn is the highest first wicket partnership in IPL beating the previous one of 167 between Gayle and Dilshan.
- Chris Lynn scored 50 using 19 balls only which is the second fastest fifty. Before this, Yusuf Pathan scored fifty using 15 balls only.
- Double G became the second captain to aggregate 3000 runs in IPL after Dhoni.