The leading car ride-sharing app Uber has launched a similar one-time payment service called UberPASS in 4 cities of India today. The service is similar to its arch rival Ola which is famous with the name of Ola Share Pass. The UberPASS will give some great benefits to its users just like Ola did in the beginning. The Uber Pass will offer the users reduced costs for services provided by the company for a particular period i.e. the validity of pass period. The complete list of advantages and subscription pricing is mentioned below.
Source: The Economic Times
UberPass Features And Benefits:-
- The UberPASS option will offer access to highly rated drivers, discounted fares, waiver on cancellation charges in certain cases, and other special privileges.
- The pass will entitle waiver on surge-pricing as well.
- The Uber pass is yet under a pilot cycle in Delhi, Chennai, Bombay, and Kolkata.
- The cost of the pass will vary from one city to another.
- The price of the Uber pass is yet to be disclosed by the company.
- The benefits of the pass are expected to be same as Ola Shar Pass
- With the Uber pass, users will get fewer prices for UberGo and UberX rides than regular riders, benefiting them to pay less during extensive surge pricing.
Uber says if it receives an enthusiastic response to Uber Pass in the pilot cycle, then the feature will be made available to users of other cities as well.
“We are always thinking of new ways to enhance the Uber experience for our riders. UberPASS is one such product designed to offer riders using our service for their daily commute, a seamless and consistent ride experience. We are excited to launch UberPASS as a pilot for riders in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata and if our riders give us a thumbs up, we will take this to riders in other cities as well.” – said Shailesh Sawlani, General Manager, West, Uber India
Recently, Uber rolled out the ‘Driver Compliments’ features, giving special privilege to the Uber drivers to rate their riders and users for a mutual relation and empowering the riders to encourage good behavior on their part to the drivers. The feature was warmly welcomed and appreciated by both the drivers and app users. Uber expects the same response from the launch of UberPASS.