Whether you’re starting a new relationship, or in the middle of a serious relationship, there is always a chance that your partner could be cheating on you. Though discovering your partner’s affair has become easier, all thanks to text messages, emails, and online credit card statements. But even if these are not helpful in your case do find out if he/she is indulging in any of these maneuvering activities. So we bring you the top 10 ways to know whether your partner is seriously cheating on you!
1 You begin to notice the emotional distance between you two. Things are just the way they used to be, and your partner is not willing to accept this.
2. Your instinct tells you he/she is being unfaithful. Deep in your heart of hearts, you sense something has gone wrong with your relationship. You are realizing the fact but is unable to do anything, as your partner is not interested in it.
3. You begin spending less time together. Your BF/GF tells you he/she doesn’t have the time for you like they used to. He/She tries to show himself/herself busy, while they are not.
4. The one you love so much stops asking you to go out and do special things together. Somehow your untrustworthy BF/GF just doesn’t have the time for you like before.
5. They suddenly start encouraging you to spend time with other people. Their rationalization is if you spend time with other people, then I can too.
6. You notice suspicious computers or cell phone activity like secret texts, emails or strange websites. He/She doesn’t even answer certain phone calls when you’re around and also they look especially panicked when the phone rings.
7. He/She doesn’t talk to you about all their love and deepest feelings anymore. They are probably talking to somebody else about their love and deepest feelings.
8. They appear anxious when you’re together and want to leave, maybe they say they’re just tired. Cheating drains their emotional and physical energy because of fear they’re going to get caught or from spending a lot of their time trying to cover their tracks.
9. You notice a sudden change in their appearance or they have an increased concern about how they look. Your BF/GF probably has a new reason to look great, and that person is the most likely the one they’re cheating with. He/she also hangs around with a new best friend of the opposite sex a lot, or spends time with his/her ex, but claims nothing is happening.
10. He/She begins to be increasingly critical of you or blames you for cheating, even when you haven’t. This is a way of putting you on the defensive and making them feel better about what they are doing.
The above indicators are all meant to be warning signs. However, don’t turn your relationship into a situation where you feel you have to play detective. But if you notice multiple changes in behavior, routine or personality of the one you feel you love, and not just isolated incidences, you should confront them about these signs.
Always remember that cheating isn’t always flirting, touching and kissing. If you are having text or chat conversations you wouldn’t want your partner to see because they’d “misunderstand.” You are cheating my dear.
Always try to trust first, but don’t ignore red flags. Gut feeling is not always correct. Sometimes it’s just jealousy and insecurity creeping in. If you can’t trust someone over time, don’t date them. Remember, too much drama in your life is very destructive.