Tomato As Wonderful Antioxidants
Tomatoes, as we all know, are very healthy and nutritious. They are very good for the skin and contains many such nutrients which sufficiently maintain our needs of those in a single time consumption. Also, they are a major part of most dishes we eat for the same reason. It serves so many purposes to our body that we don’t really need to go anywhere else, as quoted by many experts.
Benefits Of Tomatoes:
- Tomatoes regulate our blood pressure. Intake of tomato can reduce the risk of high blood pressure to a great extent. They contain potassium, which helps in water retention and hence, the blood pressure is controlled.
- Rubbing tomatoes on your skin will cause the removal of black heads and close the open pores. Just rub a slice of tomato on the affected part and you’re good to go!
- Other than skin, they are good for hair too. They contain all the required major carotenoids which keep the skin and hair rich, soft and glowing.
- When mixed with curd, they make a home-made mask, which is used to treat sunburns and dull skin. It also protects the skin from UV radiations. Just apply the mask for 15 minutes and make the skin refreshingly smooth.
- Tomatoes can actually remove acne. They contain Vitamins A, K, and C, which clear up the acne on your face. They really speed up the skin improvement.
- Tomatoes are wonderful antioxidants. They contain folate, fibers, and lycopene. Also, they have low calories and Glycemic index.
- Along with skin, hair and blood pressure, tomatoes also provide benefits such as vision improvement and maintenance of cholesterol.
Tomato is a synonym to healthy eating. Now that we’re all aware of the various benefits of the fruit, we can make a little more effort to include it in our diets as much as possible. Because after all, a medium size tomato is all we need to keep healthy.