To have a Eco-friendly Lifestyle:
I many a times hear people complaining that they don’t live a more environmentally friendly green lifestyle because it’s too expensive.
There are always ways to spend a lot of money attempting to live a green lifestyle, but you can also try these easy tips for saving the earth—
1. Buy from Farmer’s Market
Instead of buying organic, buy from the Farmer’s Market. We’ve all had the “organic crisis” at the supermarket.
Head straight to your local farmers market. In almost all cases, it will be cheaper than the organic options at the grocery store—and in many cases, it will be cheaper than the regular produce as well.
2. Don’t pay to Green Your Home, instead Turn Things Down
The easiest way to make your home greener and save money on your monthly bill is to make sure you’re not using utilities more than you need.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Open the blinds and rely solely on the sun to light your space in order to cut down on electricity use.
- Wash dishes in a full dishwasher.
- Install relatively inexpensive low-flow showers to cut back on water use.
3. Don’t Buy Recycled Products, instead Ditch Anything Disposable
There are many household items that you can be recycled like plastic bags and aluminum foils. But the point is, you still have to buy these things and they still end up in the landfill in the end.
But by replacing items you dispose of daily with their reusable counterparts, you’ll find yourself saving money in the long run.
4. Instead of Buying Chemical-Free Cleaners, Make Your Own
Instead of buying any of the market products, why not make your own products from clean and simple household ingredients? It’s cheap and green.
The best green purchase is usually no purchase at all, and your life probably won’t be any worse without it.