Bug Bounty Program up to $250,000:
To make Windows 10 secure and bug-free, Microsoft announced a fresh round of Windows Bounty Program.
The program will thereby reward the bug finders up to $250,000 if they are able to discover bug exploits in Microsoft’s virtualization software.
Bounty payouts will range from $500 to $250,000.
Microsoft was one of the first major tech companies to launch this kind of program, as only a few of the company’s products were eligible for rewards.
It’s always better to find and fix a bug before it becomes a problem, especially when it comes to security.
While Facebook, Google, and Microsoft offer multiple bug bounty programs, smaller companies also increasingly have at least one: as avoiding the next security fiasco is priceless.
Bounty Program’s Rule:
- Any critical or still important class remote code execution, elevation of privilege, or design flaws that thereby compromise a customer’s privacy will receive a bounty.
- The bounty program will, therefore, continue indefinitely at Microsoft’s discretion.
- Bounty payouts will thus range from $500 USD to $250,000 USD.
- A researcher report must qualify discovery.
- Then the company will reward the first finder at a maximum of 10 percent of the highest amount they could’ve received.
- Microsoft requests us to report all security bugs to [email protected] via Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD) policy.
“Security is always changing and we prioritize different types of vulnerabilities at different points in time.
Microsoft strongly believes in the value of the bug bounties. We thus trust that it serves to enhance our security capabilities,” the company’s recent blog post read.
“The bounty program is sustainable and will thereby continue indefinitely at Microsoft’s discretion,” the Microsoft team said.
“Any critical or important class remote code execution, elevation of privilege, or design flaws which compromise a customer’s privacy and security will thus receive the bounty.”