IT Company In Pune Cheated Its 148 Employees By Vanishing Out Without Paying Salaries Since Joined!

Nearly 150 employees were duped by an IT firm, which mysteriously vanished on Thursday, without having paid its people for the past two months. Signifia Techride, an IT firm, was operating from City Center building, located behind Persistent Systems in Phase I of the Hinjewadi IT Park. On Thursday, when employees went to the office, they found it closed down and completely empty.
Employees now have lodged a complaint with the Hinjewadi police against senior office bearers, identified as Poonam Gaikwad, Mahendra Patil and Abasaheb Kalaskar. According to the complainants, the office-bearers had also taken Rs 30k from each employee as a security deposit and then got vanished. They had neither paid them the salary nor had they given back the security deposit.

Mirror, a daily newspaper reports that  “Nilesh Hale, one of the complainants, said, after completing my engineering degree, I was searching for a job and I got in touch with the company through a reference. After clearing all the interview rounds, I was excited when the company offered me a job.”

“The company officials asked me to pay them Rs 30,000 as a security deposit and promised to return it after some time. I joined the office in December 2016 and since then, the company has not paid us our salaries. Apart from myself, there were over hundred employees who had not been paid. The company officials kept promising us that they would pay us in the next few days, but it never materialized.”


Some of the employees were recruited through consulting agencies. One of them, requesting anonymity, told Pune Mirror, “I earlier had a job which was not related to the IT field. However, through a consultancy, when I got this job, I was overjoyed. However, the happiness lasted only for two months as I am once again jobless and cheated.”

In February, some of the employees had approached the police against the company officials, for not paying their salary, but no complaint was registered at the time. Sub – inspector RM Kengar of Hinjewadi police station, who is investigating the case, told Pune Mirror, “In February, some of the employees had approached us after which we called the company officials to the police station.”

“At the time, the officials had promised that they would be paying all their dues, after which the employees decided not to lodge a complaint. However, on Thursday, the employees found no trace of the office and the officials were also missing. So, they finally lodged a complaint with us.”

Leave a Reply