Google has announced a massive update to its Local Guides program, which may be considered as the biggest one from the start of Google Local Guides Program. Users will now be able to reach up to level 10, whereas previously the ratings were capped at level 5. That implies that the users who already maxed out their points now have an added reason to start updating and contributing to Google Maps data again.
What is Google Local Guides Program:-
- By sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge about the places around them, users can help inform millions of people.
- Meet people who share their passions by visiting their Google Local Guides Connect forum and attending meet-ups near them.
- Unlock a Local Guides badge and perks as users earn points for their contributions and reach higher levels of the program.
How Google Local Guides Program Rewarding For You:-
- By sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps, Local Guides influence how millions of people navigate the world. Here’s how to make an impact.
- Each time you contribute, you earn points. Those points help you reach higher levels of the Local Guides program. At Level 4, you unlock your first Local Guides badge. Higher levels also lead to unique perks and early access to Google features.
- You can share useful insights about places you’ve visited by answering easy questions that pop up on Google Maps.
- When you add or update existing addresses, phone numbers, and other info on Google Maps, it saves people time and helps local businesses.
- And on the top of it, get rewarded by doing all these simple tasks.
“Just like before, Local Guides Level 2 and above can enjoy early access to new product features, and get occasional perks from Google and local perks from partners. Further, members with Level 4-10 can redeem a free three-month Google Play Music subscription and get 75 percent off a rental in the Google Play Movie store, as per the company.” — Said Google in its blog post
Google is now renovating the entire rewards and perks system. Level 2 gets users early access to some of Google products features and occasional perks from Google Local Guides partners, as it was the case before. Added to it, Local Guides with level 4 and up gets a free three-month Google Play Music subscription coupled with an exclusive flat 75% off rentals in the entire Google Play Movie store. Google also reclaimed addition of more perks and rewards to its Local Guides Program shortly.