Pregnancy is the most joyous and anticipated phase in a woman’s life.
It brings responsibility of a new life bestowed with emotions and care.
This great responsibility at times can be endowed upon women who are not ready to bear it.
Some may not wish to have a child at that point of life and thus takes the help of various birth controls.
The use of these birth controls are encouraged also to keep Population growth in check.
But most of the times, it may affect adversely on the person’s health.
So let us discuss some of the natural ways of birth control that are safe but can effectively help you to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
1. Safe period method
Pregnancy can be easily ingored by avoiding sexual activities during the 10th-17th day of your menstrual cycle.
This phase is considerd as the unsafe period since ovulation may occur around the 14th day.
2. Coitus Interruptus or Withdrawal method
This method involves withdrawal of the penis from the vagina prior to ejaculation to prevent entry of sperms in the female reproductive track.
3. Lactational Amenorrhoea method
LAM is the temporary postnatal infertility that occurs in a nursing mother when she is fully breast feeding.
This is due to the high level of FSH in the body and generally lasts over 6 months from child birth.
Apart from these, there are also certain herbal homemade eatables intake of which can help to avoid pregnancy.
1. A herbal tea made from parsley, also known as Ajamoda.
2. The roots of cotton plant or Blue Co-host herb to be taken with tea which releases Oxytocin, a hormone that causes child birth.
3. Mugwort plant or Indian Wormwood plant.
4. Dried spearmint mixed with water.
5. Dried apricots, dried fig and seeds of wild carrot.
6. Eating Papaya after coitus also helps to avoid pregnancy.
7. Ginger, Been, asafoetida and cinnamon are also believed to be effective natural control of birth since ages.