Here’s a list of facts about India that may make you go: “Wow! Why I didn’t know that earlier!”
Indian history, mythology, culture, geography – are you an expert? Here are seven lesser known facts about the country that may blow even the most enlightened minds away.
1. Did you know that the residents of some of the Indian villages rely solely on Sanskrit to communicate with each other?
If not then make a note on this that people from the villages of Mathur in Karnataka, Jiri in Madhya Pradesh and Khada in Rajasthan use Sanskrit as a language to communicate to each other.
2. Ladies might be interested in this fact – Did you know that our cholis and pallus got their names from Tamil dynasties?
The answer is Cholas and Pallavas respectively.
3. Do you know from where the biggest family in the world is from?
You guessed it right; it’s from India. This Mizoram guy Ziona Chana has 39 wives, 94 children, and 33 grandchildren. They live together as one big happy family in the same house!
4. Did you know that India had one of the largest postal networks on the globe and what’s more, there was a floating post office too!
Srinagar’s Dal Lake had a floating post office, which was opened in 2011. Also, India also had the highest post office in the world, located in Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, at the height of 15,500 ft.
5. Did you even A.P.J Abdul Kalam use to ask questions on Yahoo.
When A.P.J Abdul Kalam was the President of India, he posted a question on Yahoo answers, related to terrorism. He wanted to figure out what people think about possible solutions to this widespread issue!
What’s more, he got answers from some famous people like Dr. Kiran Bedi, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, and Leander Paes.
6. Did you know why The Nobel Peace Prize was withdrawn in 1948?
The answer is it was supposed to be given to Mahatma Gandhi. But his assassination resulted in, and the title was left unassigned.
7. Did you know that Spiderman had its desi version in 2004?
Yes, Peter Parker was christened Pavitr Prabhakar, Mary Jane was Meera Jain, Aunt May was Auntie Maya, and Uncle Ben was Uncle Bhim. Isn’t amazing?
If you know, some amazing facts about India do let us know through the comment section below.