All of us dream of having a slim and well maintained waist so that we can fit into our jeans and other anticipated clothes once again.
To improve your waistline you need to perform exercises regularly besides having a proper diet plan.
Here I am presenting 5 exercises that are effective in shrinking your waist within a month or so:
1. Side Planks
- Lie on left side on floor with legs stacked, propping torso on left elbow so that left forearm is perpendicular to torso.
- Lift hips with straight posture from head to toe.
- Hold for 1 count, then lower.
- Repeat this for 10 times.
- Switch sides and do 3 sets.
- Stand with feet hip-distance apart and slightly turned out.
- Put your arms by your side.
- Lower into a squat, keeping upper body as upright as possible.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat it for 20 times.
Keep in mind that your knees should be over your second toes.
To keep knees from turning outward, tighten your inner thighs.
3. Push ups
- You must get on the ground.
- Assume a face down prone position on the floor.
- Raise yourself by your arms pushing the ground away from you.
- Repeat lowering and raising at a steady pace.
- Standing with feet a little more than hip width apart, left foot in front of right.
- Drop back knee toward floor and bend front knee until it is directly over your ankle.
- Bend arms as you lift them out and up until elbows are in line with shoulders and bent to 90 degree angle.
- Do 20 repeats and switch sides.
5. Waist crunches
- Alternate a knee raise and torso twist, that can generate momentum to get your heart pumping at a faster rate.
- The lower or upper body action hits your entire abdominal wall.
- Bicycle crunches have been shown to fire the abs to a greater degree than any other core exercise.