Yoga is an essential part of our life and an Elixir that gives us a fresh start to a joyful day.
Let us discuss some of the simple yoga postures in this article that can be quite effective to keep you healthy if practiced every morning.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations)
Surya Namaskar is one of the most well known yoga routines that has deep detoxifying and relaxing effect.
The routine consists of 12 forward and backward bending movements that stretch and flex the spinal cord.
The following series of 12 yoga postures are Pranamasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Pada Hastanasana, Ashewa Sanchalanasana, Parvatasana, Sashtanga Namaskar and then the whole thing in reverse order.
2. Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Utkatasana means intense posture or powerful posture.
This pose may sound very easy but sitting in an imaginary chair is quite challenging!
- Stretch your hands in front without bending the elbows.
- Bend the knees and gently push your pelvis as if you are sitting in an imaginary chair.
- Ensure to keep your hands parallel.
- Sit straight and sink deeper into the chair by going down until your knees touches your toes.
3. Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)
- Step your right foot forward between your hands, aligning the right knee over the heel.
- Lower your left knee to the floor and keep the right knee fixed in place.
- Sweep your arms out to the sides and up, perpendicular to the floor.
- Take your head back and look up.
- Exhale your torso back to the right thigh and turn your back toes under.
- Lift your left knee off and repeat the same.
Anjanaeyasana relaxes the thighs and groins and opens the chest.
4. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Triangle Pose gives comfort to your body and make you feel more relaxed.
- Stretch your leg position to a leg length form from a standing position.
- Assure the heel to the centre arch of the left foot.
- Turn the right foot out to the side.
- Put your arms perpendicular to the ground.