While fighting the pollution that makes us prone to greasy skin and an oily face isn’t that easy- fighting its effect on our pores, surprisingly is! You can use the following remedies to tighten and shrink your open pores using just the things found in your house.
1. Multani Mitti Face Masks
Multani mitti, also known as Fuller’s earth, is a mineral-rich clay material that has long been used as a beauty ingredient. Originally used as an absorbent in the wool industry, Multani mitti is now a staple ingredient in a lot of beauty and skin care products.
- Mix about two tablespoons of Multani Mitti powder with rosewater.
- Add drops of lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply gently on your face and leave for half an hour.
- Rinse off with cold tap water.
2. Open clogged pores using Ice Cubes:
Ice cubes, when applied to the skin, can improve the blood circulation and provide a healthy glow. It is believed to be helpful in preventing wrinkles and premature aging.
- Wrap an ice cube in a clean cotton cloth.
- Hold the cold surface close to your skin for a few seconds.
- Repeat the same a few times a week.
- Even washing your face with cold water will help.
Sugars’ small particles make an excellent topical exfoliant and are used in a number of body scrubs to exfoliate dead surface skin cells and reveal the glowing, healthy-looking skin underneath. Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of sugar with olive oil.
- Stir well and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Gently massage it on your skin for about 30 seconds.
- Rinse it off with cold tap water.
Your skin will glow in no time!